Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Zebedee's first post




I chose the name Zebedee for this blog because Zebedee was the father of the apostles James and John.  While the bible says little about him, he is generally believed to be a man of some means.  In Pope Benedict XVI's book Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week: From the Entrance Into Jerusalem To The Resurrection, he suggests that it is likely that Zebedee provided for Jesus and the apostles as they traveled, and that he was the owner of the Upper Room where Christ instituted the Eucharist.  In the same way I see my role in the family partially as one who provides and is "left in the boat"so that others can grow closer to Christ.

I also have a personal blog at Light Our Legacy on more general topics like politics or current events, but when I post on matters of family or education, I'll post both here at Little Monsters and Light Our Legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment