Saturday, March 29, 2014

Homemade Natural Reeses Cups


Last week our dad sent us an email with a recipe for homemade Reeses cups.  This is me and my dad's favorite candy.  My mom and sisters can't have them from the store because they have milk in them.  So the recipe he sent was perfect!  Within a few minutes of getting the message my mom and I started to collect the ingredients to make them.  It was super simple!!  We had them ready to go in the freezer to harden within 5 minutes. 

Later that night, we were able to eat them.  I thought they were a little too "coconutty" for my taste, but they were good.  My mom didn't like them very much since she doesn't like coconut.  We decided we should remake them, this time using more peanut butter and less coconut.  While they still had a coconut taste, it didn't overpower the peanut butter and chocolate.  Here is our version of the recipe.  

Homemade Natural Reeses Cups
By: Claire

3/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 c cocoa powder

Melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan on low until smooth.  Add in cocoa powder and turn off heat.  Combine and pour in little mini muffin paper cups on a cookie sheet and freeze.  Our batch made about 20. 

We did a taste test with the original version and our remade version.  Dad said they were both great, I liked my version best.  Mommy and my siblings all mine the best too.  It was a fun little experiment! 

Enjoy!!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment